Invitation to Tender – Positivity Games
In support of our strategic objectives, Active Cheshire are seeking to collaborate with partner(s)
both on the delivery and evaluation of a pilot project, linked to our re-framed delivery of the Cheshire
and Warrington County School Games (Level 3). This includes:
• Trauma-informed delivery of a mental health improvement focused on physical activity,
sport, movement and healthy living intervention(s);
• Co-designed, co-delivered and co-evaluated intervention(s) based upon engagement with
identified target groups;
• Targeting children and young people who need the intervention(s) most based on local
insight and collaboration;
• Positioning tackling of health inequalities at the forefront of the intervention(s);
• Ensuring that positive experiences are at the heart of the intervention(s);
• Providing opportunities for children and young people to take on leadership and
volunteering roles as part of the intervention(s); and
• Evaluation and Learning of the intervention against the project specification and desired
impacts and outcomes.
You are invited to quote according to the specification detailed below. Bids are sought from single
organisations or partnerships to fund either the piloting of new projects, test proof of concept or
to implement a project that has already been delivered either elsewhere in Cheshire and Warrington
or beyond where there is already a body of evidence to demonstrate impact.
Each EOI can be up to £5,000 including VAT. All funding will be paid before March 2023 and any
delivery that goes beyond the end of the financial year must be managed by the bidding
The award will be made to a single quotation that provides the most economically advantageous
solution in accordance with the following award criteria in descending order of importance:
• Compliance with the specification.
• Project details, including delivery model, evidence-based, consultation, collaboration, and expected outcomes and impacts.
• Evaluation framework.
• Costing model.
• Sustainability and scalability.
• Organisation(s) governance arrangement, relevant experience/track record, and
readiness to implement
All quotes should be submitted using the link here.
The closing date and time for the submission of quotes is Friday 16th December at 12 noon. The
contract will be awarded to the successful party(s) within 21 days of this closing date.
All applicants shall be notified of the outcome. Suppliers must not undertake work until they have
received written notification that they have been awarded the contract, have signed the Contract
and are required to start work.
The Positivity Games Pilot (PGP) seeks to provide an evaluation on learning how physical activity,
sport, movement and healthy living can engage children and young people who may be suffering
from, or at risk of suffering from, low-level mental health issues. Specifically:
1. The pilot is to be delivered with Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, and/or
2. The pilot is to begin on or after 6th January 2023 and to be concluded on or before 31st
3. A report, detailing the process, evaluation and learning is to be submitted to Active Cheshire
no later than 30th April 2023.
4. The pilot is to be delivered by constituted organisation(s) with the relevant Public Liability
Insurance and up-to-date safeguarding policies, which is adhered to, as well as being able
to evidence the completion of safeguarding training, including Prevent training by its staff
and/or delivery partners.
5. Publicly available data along with your own insight is to be used to identify the target
group(s), delivery location(s), delivery model and evaluation.
6. A partnership approach is to be used to understand why young people have been
selected, what interventions are currently in place for them, what opportunities exist from
engaging them in a new activity, and how this intervention may be beneficial for their mental
health and wellbeing.
For any enquiries regarding this Invitation to Tender, please contact Nont Iamkamphaeng,
Strategic Lead Active Kids, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07540 121706.